After 20+ years as a student and teacher of yoga, movement and bodymind wellness, I've found the most effective ways to personalize and relate to embodied practices so that you're empowered to know exactly what you need, when you need it, and why it works.
We're living in a time of exponential change, and never has our species needed to be as flexible, adaptable and resilient as we do now. Luckily, we have more tools and understanding of our bodymind than ever before. We just have to recognize the tools we're born with.
This course presents the framework I've worked with over the last 20 years to refresh and renew your bodymind, heart and soul through embodied practice that adapts alongside life, yet stays inspiring, enjoyable, and truly supports feeling alive in your bodymind, heart & soul.
Join me on this journey of discovery that will impact the rest of your life.
Embodiment is many things, for our purposes we will define it as the living body (soma) + presence & engagement in the moment (rather than thoughts, stories, stresses, distractions) ~ as a choice. It's a practice that can be momentary, but also supported by daily, dedicated space/time to connect with ourselves, be it through yoga, dance, other movement... or meditation, reflection, conscious rest, and more.
The Embodied Resilience Training is unique in its approach. Most yoga trainings teach theory, philosophy and asana, which is a beautiful journey. Yet, what's often missing is learning the mechanisms of why the practices work, as well as a wider perspective of yoga's history that allows us to see how the practices and teachings evolved through time. It's so liberating to observe the threads that connect, rather than confine ourselves to one rigid view.
In other forms of movement study, what's often missed is the potency and power of connection to our deep inner experience. It's not acknowledged outright, and we miss out on so much of the healing and resourcing power of what embodiment can give to our lives.
The Embodied Resilience Training is a toolkit for aliveness and adaptability.
It's movement nutrition for modern humans.
It's the heart of yoga accessible to all.
It's your own journey of investigation, exploration, and knowing yourself.
By the end of the course, you'll know how to show up for yourself and resource yourself with exactly what YOU need, every single day.
This course is for you if:
- You want to move well & move freely as long as possible in your life, empowered with understanding how to do so
- You've wanted to deepen your practice, but not sure a teacher training is a good fit.
- You've ever felt stuck in a rut doing the same old thing, knowing there's more.
- You've experienced joint pain or muscle tightness that doesn't seem to go away with what you're doing.
- You want a truly sustainable embodied practice that works for modern life.
- You're looking to maximize benefits with efficient practices that fit into your busy life
- You want to know how embodied (body-breath-brain) practices work - what science reveals about the mechanisms of embodied practices.
- You're a teacher wanting to stand out and make a bigger difference, by understanding new paradigms of the living bodymind.
- You're a yoga teacher aware of growing rates of injury in yoga and want to make sure you're teaching safely for all while honoring the roots of yoga as a living tradition.
- You're curious about yoga, yet either don't know where to begin or already have a different movement practice, and want to experience the heart of what it's all about.
What are the logistics?
- Out-of-the-box, multidisciplinary embodiment education not found anywhere else
- 10 - 90min embodied practices
- 3 - 75min educational lectures
- Curated resources to support your learning & practice
- 20 hours of CEUs for Yoga Alliance & IAYT (contact me for approval process)
- Videos accessible on-demand
- Personalized accountability (through WhatsApp) to keep up with & complete the course - at your own pace!
- Access to course content for 2 years from starting the course
- A framework that will support you for the rest of your life!
- $697 or 3 payments of $250
- Scholarships, Pay-It-Forward, and Alternative Exchanges are always possible. Reach out directly!
Is this what you've been looking for?
- If you have any questions, book a Resilience Session to learn more about Embodied Resilience & the Summer School
- Or jump in now!
Nervous System Regulation, Yoga Nidra, Interoception, Somatic Floorwork 101
Rediscover Your Breath
Fascia & Biotensegrity 101 ~ Part 1
Fascia & Biotensegrity 101 ~ Part 2
Spinal Motions & Tuning the Instrument
Rhythm, Pulse, Change & Release
Resistance: Load & Basic Bodyweight Training
Prana Vinyasa Energetic Alignment
What is Centration?
Centration & Joint Sustainability
Undulation, Locomotion, Efficiency
Riding Spirals ~ Triaxial Transitions
Living Yoga Dinacharya & Ayurvedic Flow
Heart of Yoga as a Living Tradition ~ Part 1
Heart of Yoga as a Living Tradition ~ Part 2
Why is it important?
We are primarily living bodies, animals still... tracking the world around us for signs of safety or danger. Through our senses, perceptions, thoughts and experiences we make meaning of the world. Embodied presence has the power to ground us amidst chaos, to help us tune into our needs, our intuition, and our ability to return to a sense of center when life gets rocky. Modern science is also showing that embodied practices can train greater empathy, compassion, trust and wonder.
That sounds like yoga, right?
Yes! Embodied presence is a key part of why we feel great after a yoga class. And... embodiment as a daily practice can include movement that trains resilience not only inside, but also targets the movement variety missing from modern life. We are the only species to construct the world we move around in, and for the first time in history, our modern lives are lacking in enough movement to keep our physical (and physiological) bodies healthy and vital.
So, are you just making up a new style of yoga?
Not at all. Yoga is a state of being/seeing/living, and it refers to all the practices that touch that state of connection with more of ourselves, and with something greater. Yoga itself has morphed and changed alot over time. In fact, the origins of physical yoga practices were in spontaneous, fluid movement in the Tantrik daily ritual. Yoga is a Living Tradition, meant to serve life as it is. All instructors in the Kutila school are steeped in the roots and rivers of yoga with deep respect for the healing power in our own lives.